Thursday 9 August 2012

Places I’ve been


Firstly by birth I am from the greenest province I know called Limpopo and most of the agriculture is from this province. This province is a beautiful place that I know and respect very much, in it there is a place called Mokopane and I’m from a small place called Bakenburg (Leyden) in Mokopane. Then in 2010 we moved to Mahwelereng 5 minutes outside Mokopane. In 2004 I moved to Johannesburg where I was to continue my high school career in 2005 the following year in an area called Boksburg until I finished my high school career. From what I remember is that high school was fun because I took part in almost everything that was done there, I was a sports man in which I did athletic, rugby and in cultural activities like eisteddfod, revue, Oscar evenings and maths competitions. When it comes to Gauteng and Limpopo I can’t say its places I’ve been because they are my home provinces in which I know them off by heart. Warm bath is a great place to check out because that place is too good, love the setup of the area because it is a place where you are spoiled for choice accommodation  if you want a place that  you would want to bond with you family without any disturbance I would say warm bath is a place for you.

Now Mpumalanga is one of the provinces that I went away for visits and that is a very intriguing province, when I went there I was in a place called sabie what a great place indeed. One wakes up to the refreshing sounds of rivers and birds that make such beautiful morning melodies, with a breeze of fresh air. The in environment is so moist like no other place I know high mountainous route and meanders, as we travelled that place we drove in the mist for about an hour and a half full of excitement. That trip was amazing to me and the lodge we acquired was too great because the food was awesome from breakfast to dinner.

When I went to North West province man it’s even nicer even though serenity of their land is not the same as the one of MP, but the lodge that I went to was way beautiful than that of sabie. The lodge we went to is called lesedi cultural village, they have history of all our national cultures and languages from their time of existence. I enjoyed having African dishes they served during dinner and a world class breakfast. Sometimes to travelling is relaxing to the mind and learning about thing while on that trip, which I think really support the saying you can never say I’ve learned enough because you learn everyday it can be intellectual and learning a new taste of dishes you already know for that matter.

 Lesedi cultural village is a great place for anyone who is interested in learning more about the roots of their culture and then i would recommend this place, it would be for field trip of kinder garden, primary school scholar and any adult that is looking to have fun learning about their culture because they have these plays and storytelling sessions about what happened in the past which I found them very insideful. This made me realise that some people out there still treasure their cultures and they even go one step further by learning about other cultures so that they can keep them alive only for the mere fact that cultures are collapsing and dying. So if you’re that person like me then this is a place to be at truly South Africa culture right there and i guess even the name just gives it away.

I can’t really say much about Free State because when I went there it was only by passing and for now I can say the city looked great and the weather is cold there because we almost froze to death but overall that made me even like it more.  The people are very friendly in the area I’ve been even though the time when I was there was not for leisure but I would recommend because it looked great, which means possibilities are high that I might go back and this time for fun. So what i can say is that Free state be on a look out for Hlogi because he might be around anytime soon from today.

Now I am left with several places then after that its international roaming, I guess this is a good plan for my future travelling goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment