Thursday 9 August 2012

Holidays (my winter recess)


I can’t believe that i am actually doing this article on my holidays but anyways i had quite awesome holidays over the recess and yeah this time it was different because most of the time they never this fun. I finished writing early hoping that i would have time to relax before going home to my family for recess but that was ruined by my mother when she called asking(this is lenient she demanded to know what i was still doing in Jozi) because she had other things planned that were never communicated with me. Since i respect my mother so much i gave her what she requested which was my butt in Limpopo before Monday of the 25 June 2012 in which i was expected to book a slot for my driver’s licence test date, so i went home and got there two days before time i was expected Friday night with my aunt’s husband. He dropped me by our house in Mahwelereng and as i was getting off the car; i saw my mother’s vehicle packed in the yard so it was clear that she really wanted something to be done by that Monday.

When i entered the house everyone was in their rooms sleeping because it was late. In the morning when i woke up my mom was out to attend their choir event in Mapela, tombstone unveiling of one of their female member’s husband. It was Saturday morning which me and my little bro spend the day indoors watching scrubs and some chuck series. We missed each other since it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other because most of our time we speak telephonically. Mommy came back around 5pm she was very tire from their event and came into the house to greet us because it has been a long since we’ve seen one another. She then went to her room to sleep; we carried on with the night in my room where we watched movies and series. Sunday morning we went to church and enjoyed the great sermons the clergies gave to us from our God and also the beautiful guidance, one would say that they were very soothing and promising news because they just instil your faith more so it can be stronger than before.

Monday i was instructed to go book for the driving licence test so that i can start driving officially and that to me was an honour because it only told me that maybe my mother is tired of driving me around where i could just drive myself since i had learner but that was nothing. So i went to town to book so i can get a date to be tested and get certified too. So i got the Thursday slot to be tested and i joined other enthusiastic young and old learner drivers who also wanted certification. Found the suitable driving school where i can practice the rules of driving and re-learn the proper way of driving since what was required in the testing ground is not the same as the level of driving that i’ve already possessed. So i took two lessons to prepare for Thursday morning so i can be tested. Then came Thursday morning in which i was to be tested and i got tested then passed the driving certification. Then throughout the holidays all i did was to love driving and just enjoy the joy of not being driven but to drive. And to hear my mother referring to her old car as yours; for that moment it just felt awesome then i know that i will use it after it is well repaired. The one thing that made everything interesting was missing my woman and not seeing her for a month was just terrible for me but it just brought us closer more than ever and i am not saying that people must distance themselves from their partners to feel closer.


That’s why first thing you do when you get back from a holiday is to see the lady of your life because now she is no longer lady of your dreams, just because she is in your care at this moment. So all i can say is that you can have it all but when she is not around things don’t happen accordingly. I got back in Jozi on Friday and since a night before we had plans for the next day, and with the way things were happening it was like everything was planned by someone with higher power. When i got to the house first thing first was just to put my stuff and see her; we went out for a movie which we enjoyed so much and had a great laugh throughout the whole movie (mad buddies). After watching the movie we treated ourselves to a meal since it was already late we had dinner together and sometime i think you learn a lot from yourself in these kinds of moments. Opening up yourself to a great person and feeling like you belong in that moment, it was never meant for anyone but you and finding out that you are a good man with respect now that is just priceless. Having to start a day like that, you just know that you will not let it end forever because it is the beginning of great things between you. Overall i can say that my holidays were awesome that i don’t want to get out of the mood they left me in. #Smiling!  

No comments:

Post a Comment